Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiii I mean Weeeeeeeeeeeeee

For the first time in my life I own a gaming system. My mum got me and my sister each a Wii. We were both very excited. The first thing I did when I got home from the holidays was purchase the New Super Mario Brothers game. Currently it is the only game that I have besides the one that the system comes with. I also, I only have one remote, which is why I haven't bothered to invite anyone over to play.

I was able to try out the multi player style of play at my parents house with my sister. She is TERRIBLE. I may be bad at this game, but I cannot even tell you how many times she died. The one thing that made us laugh more than anything else is that if you jump on your teammate you start bouncing on their head over and over and over again. We couldn't stop giggling.


Now, I would like to be able to brag and say when I got home to my apartment I was amazing at the game by myself. That is not the case. One of the features that I am grateful for, and slightly embarrassed that I have had to use, is the Luigi help box. If you die something like 5 times on the same level, a Luigi help box appears at the beginning of the course. Once you jump up to open the big green box with an "!" in the center Luigi comes racing out and shows you how to complete the level. You can stop it at any point in time, personally, I let him run through the whole thing. Additionally, it gives you the option to then do the level yourself. Again, I figured if I just died 5 times, I don't need another try. I am well aware of what I was supposed to do, I just couldn't get the timing down.

Currently I am in the second world. I have yet to collect all three big coins in any given world, but I am trucking along nicely. Hopefully, I can eventually go back and try to get them later on.

Seriously, the Wii is so much fun. I can't wait to get some more games and simply get more playing time now that I don't have class. :) Right now I am having a hard time climbing on the fences in the mid-castle in world 2. I hope to get the hang of it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment