Sunday, October 11, 2009

Dunkin Donuts Disappoints!

Driving home to RI this morning, okay this afternoon, I realized I hadn't gotten a shot of caffeine yet and was desperate for some coffee. I pulled over at the Sharon exit on 95 South as I saw signs indicating my mecca was just off the highway. The DD was cute and as I ordered my iced coffee (it got rather warm once I left the city) I saw the sign for the Spiced Apple Twist. I indulged.

I knew that I shouldn't get my hopes up for this product but I was getting a little excited. I was envisioning the tasty McDonald's Apple Pie.


So not what I ended up with.

The first clue to the fact that this was not what I was hoping for was the size of the bag that the warm apple twist came in. It was small. On the poster, the treat was next to what appeared to be a medium coffee. Based on my extensive experience with the DD coffee, I thought I had an understanding of the size of the pastry. I completely forgot about the world of photoshop.

The treat was at least half the size I had been hoping for. Then on top of that the picture showed something fluffy and puffy. I was imagining that there was an apple filling of some sort. Nope. The apple flavoring comes from some apple/cinnamon stuff that is drizzled on top (think of toaster strudels). Completely unsatisfying. The pastry was dense and just simply unpleasant.

In the end it was such a disappointment, which is a shame given that it was all of 3 bites. I will have to give DD a FAIL for this one. Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment