Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Like StateFarm, I am a Good Neighbor

Sunday I stopped over at the Christmas Tree Shop to purchase some picture frames to hang up photos of some really awesome people. The frames were priced at an amazing $6.99 (each holding six pictures). Sadly, they came in white and dark brown. Not the colors I was hoping for. Fortunately, it was (in my mind at least) a quick fix to turn them into deep pink and black. In the real world, it may have only cost me $5 for the paint and brushes, the time it took to paint was FOREVER.

Well, I finally finished the frames. I then designed which picture would be in which peep hole, how I wanted them put up on the wall and I get out my hammer and nails to complete the project for good. That is when my eye drifted to the clock on my cable box. It was 11:35 pm.

Being the good neighbor I am, I have decided to postpone hammering until a more respectable hour. I hope those around me can feel my positive and respectful karma floating their way. Cannot wait for tomorrow to get the pictures up! They will be a lovely greeting for me each and every time I enter my apartment.

As a side note, the building has been a pleasure to live in. There was a small window of time where someone on the other side of the courtyard thought it was a fantastic idea to jam on their fife from about 11 pm - 1 am on a weeknight. But they have since reevaluated that thought. I think my downstairs neighbor running across the yard and yelling at their window might have something to do with that decision making. (I might have been watching from my window in amazement. I can sleep through most anything so I was actually more disturbed by the yelling than the music...)

No comments:

Post a Comment