Tuesday, October 13, 2009

"Good Girls" are still slutty

In two weeks we have the mid-season party for my kickball league. The board opted to go with a theme for this event, and that theme is "Good Girls, Bad Boys". When we first discussed this at the bar after the games last week one of the females that was around me said, "so Catholic school girl uniforms then?".

Honestly.

I love wearing costumes. I find putting on outfits that regular society would look at me strangely for as something really really enjoyable. While, I completely understand that some (okay most) of the outfits are tight and short, I like to think that I do keep relatively covered up (in spandex). Halloween costumes that are made for women are all plunging necklines, bared midriffs, coupled with teeny bottoms. I don't purchase ready made "slutty ____" costumes purely on principle.

The concept of "Good Girl" for this party really should simply say, "Slutty versions of good girls". My friends and I are attempting to dress like cops. However, I am relatively certain that when I am walking to and from the bar a) I will not be mistaken for a cop on duty and b) will not blend in easily with other patrons when we leave the kickball festivities and attempt to join up with friends at other establishments.

Just throwing it out there, my actual Halloween costume will so not be slutty this year. I have a few more pieces to acquire for it, but it seems to be working out just fine and I am very pleased with the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment