Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How RUDE!

Saturday I was on my way into the city to celebrate the aforementioned nuptials my phone rings. I was a little preoccupied with whether or not the sky was going to open up on me I was tempted to ignore it and just deal with voice mail when I get around to it. Which would probably be about a week later when I finally got around to listening to what had built up in my mailbox. But since I saw that it was from a number I didn't know, I felt like I needed to pick it up.

I am glad I did.

I have been waiting for pictures that I ordered from the kodak gallery (beta) website. They were from my trip to Alaska and fun pictures of friends for a wall collage. I got an email over a week ago letting me know that the pictures had been printed and stuck in the mail. Every day I raced to my apartment hoping to see something sitting outside my doorway. Nothing. Well, this phone call explained it all.
  • Is this Ms. _____?
  • Yes
  • Sorry we got disconnected
  • We didn't get disconnected. But this is Ms. ______
  • We were just talking a moment ago and the line went dead.
  • I'm sorry, but I was not on the phone. Who are you?
  • I'm _______, with UPS. You were telling me that we delivered your package to the front entrance and we should have dropped it in the back.
  • Oh. Oh! OH! I know what you are talking about. I ordered something that hasn't arrived yet. I have been waiting and there are different entrances. The delivery guy must have just gone to the wrong door. So what did the woman say she did with my package?
  • Well she was yelling. She said she was you and very upset.
That was the bulk of the conversation. What kind of person yells at a UPS service rep and pretends to be the person on the label? I apologized to the rep saying that I would never yell at a call center person (I used to be one!) and please don't put me on the bad list there over at UPS.

My friends were appalled and then one piped up that maybe she just read my name off the package and the rep thought she was talking to me. Either way, she just put the package back in her front doorway so had the rep never gotten disconnected I wouldn't know it was sitting there.

At least the story ended well for me. I remembered as I was walking up to my entrance that I needed to turn back real quick and pray that the woman didn't distroy my stuff. It was there! Yay. Those pictures will be up on the walls of my place quite soon. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment