Sunday, October 25, 2009

Quidditch is not just for wizards

I loved my time at college. I love my life now after college, and honestly, I have no pathetic need to relive those four years, but I will say that I would return to my stomping grounds if I had the opportunity to play Quidditch in a heartbeat.

Don't even try to lie to yourself. You so know that you feel the same way.


Tufts is one such school that currently has a Quidditch team. They aren't funded yet by the university but it sounds like they are on their way. Players wear uniforms complete with brooms! Instead of a quaffle, they use dodgeballs and instead of small flying golden snitch there is a person dressed head to toe in gold running around the field.

The World Cup is October 25th. Totally wish I had known about this because I would have planned a road trip! I mean, I went to see the World Champion Curling Competition when it was held in Lowell a few years ago. While the college Quidditch tournament doesn't have the national recognition it does have the potential for an amazing time. I'll have to put it on my calendar next year. This time next year, I will **hopefully** have recently flown out to Vegas for the Kickball Tournament (now that will be an athletic experience!) and will need something low-key to attend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment