Sunday, November 1, 2009

Vampires, they are so hot right now


I tried watching a random episode of True Blood when I first got HBO at my new apartment. While the show was on, I was cleaning, blogging, and not really paying much attention. The plot didn't interest me. I figured that this was one trendy show that was just not for me.

Fast foward about 2.5 weeks ago.

My intern has been talking about True Blood since he first came back for the fall semester. Raving about it. I thought to myself, why not, let's try it out one more time, but this time I will start from the beginning. I have been watching it through sidereel.net.

After the first episode, I was hooked. I can't help but trying to watch episodes when ever I am home and have some downtime. I am about three quarters of the way done with the second season now. I can't wait to finish because not only do I want to know how things are going to end but because I miss blogging and my apartment is getting really messy.

The vampires are seductive. This is set at a time where vampires have finally given rights in the US. What I like but also have issues with are that there are tons of other creatures/super powered people. We meet shape shifters, the devil (?), telepathics and hear references to werewolves. I like that there are more than just vampires, because it would be silly to think there would only be one other type of "life" beyond humans, but at the same time I don't like having to keep track of all of the others.

Each episode keep me hooked, and I think I would love to meet a vampire if they were real. It would be like how I would love to meet a drag queen. But I would like to think that as much as I would love to meet them, I would not be interested in becoming a fang-banger.

While I still go out, play kickball, cook and apply for new jobs, but blogging has fallen to the way side. I felt like it was important to point out that every time I went to start a post this past week I would get about 2 sentences in and decide that I would rather watch an episode or two online. But, like I said, I am almost done with the second season, so I can get back to this and post more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment