Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Mid-Week holiday? Yes please!

Most holidays I get off for work create three day weekends. I definitely have a preference. I like the Friday rather than the Monday. Friday you work towards all week knowing that you simply have one less day that week. You should try to get it all done, but hey maybe it doesn't happen because you only realize on Wednesday that it is this Friday that you won't be in. It causes some anxiety at times but overall the weekend shows up and work shmork, the three days are fantastic.

The Monday off is a little less awesome. As that third day ends your mind starts going to all of the things that you need to now fit into the next four days. FOUR DAYS. You barely can get everything done in five, what is going to happen when your weekly tasks go unfinished. You can't use the "oh I forgot we had a day off" excuse as you started one less day.

I don't know if I have ever had a midday holiday before. (Thanksgiving and Christmas don't count as I usually have the day off after) And boy am I now hooked. Two days of work. One day off. And then just two more before the week was over. Best schedule ever.

Please don't take this post as any disrespect for our Veterans. I am very thankful for what they have done. The holiday is just unique in how we observe it. It is the actual date (a very important date, 11th day 11 month 11th hour) and I am glad we don't just assign it to the closest Mon(Fri)day!

Let's end on a happy note: Dogs welcoming their soldiers back!

No comments:

Post a Comment