Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finale Finally?

Project Runway season six is over. Finally. This was the first season that I didn't really even pay attention to the runway portion of the final episode. I also watched by myself because most of my friends feel the same way. The season was meh. These designers didn't really have a point of view. There were no Ulis or Lauras or Jeffreys. Irina kind of has a p.o.v. but I don't find it particularly breathtaking. As Michael Kors said, "The warrior woman is not a new character". While it is hard to think of something completely new, I am kind of over the whole living in the city is like being in a jungle or war so we need to use clothing to protect ourselves but make us fierce.

I will admit there were two moments that did cause me to use the rewind button on my dvr.

First, Jaslene from season 8 of ANTM was cast in Althea's line. That draggy woman who somehow won season 8. The bigger question was how Natasha made it to the final two as she was terrible for most of that season, don't ask why I remember that. But yeah, my eyes popped when I saw her go down the runway


She looked good. I am glad to know she is working, even if it is the Project Runway finale. At least it's still Bryant Park during fashion week! Her face was less draggy than I remembered.

Once I got over that moment, I honestly also got over Althea's line. Thankfully there was Carol Hannah. Her clothes were beautiful. I didn't even think they were too overworked. I restarted her collection because I realized I wasn't paying attention and it was interesting! The first dress was eye catching, but it was this outfit that got me rooting for this southern lady.


You can so see me that, can't you? The skirt is short, but full and there is a tutu type material coming out of the bottom. What is not to love???

Really went over the pictures of Irina's collection one more time. Not my style. It is well done, but those damn hats just keep me from really liking some it.

In the end, can't WAIT for season 7. I am pretty sure it has been confirmed that they will back to NYC and that Meana Garzilla and Michael Kors will be back for all episodes. Their catty commentary is really what makes this show worth watching. That and the clothes...

No comments:

Post a Comment