Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Never met a theme party I didn't love

The subject of this post is my little blurb on my facebook page. I couldn't think of a more true statement that would also envelope my personality. Costumes and I get along really well. My dress up days are not limited to Halloween by any means. Kickball season results in me in costume once a week. These costumes tend to revolve around the color pink and spandex but each weeks contains a new collection of flair.

Recently there have been two events that involved costumes. The first, was our mid-season kickball party which was themed "good girls, bad boys". A group of girls decided we would all dress as cops, my friend and I created matching uniforms. The night was full of shoot outs and arresting the rif raf. People love to be handcuffed!


No individual was safe, I was able to take down Lucy McGillicuddy-Ricardo myself for handing out vitameatavegamin. We both were needed to take down the man in red. He was pretty naughty that night and we were not letting him off easy. Both going downtown and returning to our neighborhoods people on the T made comments that "the police are here!". I don't know what police woman wears 2-4 inch heels or fishnets, but apparently they do. We did get a whole lot of free Absolute Boston samples because of outfits at Tavern in the Square in Porter.

The other major dress up day recently, was of course, Halloween. Like I mentioned earlier, I was looking to go classy. So I went with Holly Golightly (aka Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast in Tiffany's). I think I nailed it. There were people on the T, street and bar who stopped me to identify my costume and praise it. Nothing makes me more excited when I am recognized like that. :)



The dress was from my senior prom. It actually fits better than it did then. So go me! I did have to purchase the accessories; cigarette holder, pearls, tiara and gloves. Like I said, I was rather thrilled with the outfit. I will say, it is hard to create her hair style as she had extensions and I, didn't. But again, I did the best I could and think I executed the best I could.

Oh and yes, I have been thinking about my costume for next year already. Nothing is calling out to me as of yet, but I am already considering options.

No comments:

Post a Comment