Sunday, November 22, 2009

Short Skirts - IN

Perfect timing. Just as I finished up last months Vogue, December's came in the mail! One of the final spreads was entitled "playing the field" and it was designed by Grace Coddington, it was of course, my favorite in the issue. There were only four images, but the style that they were showing off is exactly what I love. You guessed it, short skirts with high heels. The tag line, or caption if you will, reads "With a bumper crop of the season's freshest floral frocks and short skirt suits, it is hard to pick up one".

I love the idea that the short skirt could be in a suit. It kills me that suits have to be so conservative. Why can't sexy be considered serious? Men look very sexy in suits. We don't make them wear lumpy gross shirts and unfitted pants, why are females stuck in school marm duds in the corporate world. I am all for a movement to short skirts in the working world!

My favorite piece was the skirt with tons of volume. Recently I have come to love the bubble skirt and all it has to offer. Mainly, I think this is because these skirts don't rise up in the back on me like others do based on their design. Most A-line or flowy skirts get stuck up on the shelf that is my backside. You don't believe me? Ask any of my friends...



I find her face a little off putting but the outfit is just so freaking cute. I don't know if I could necessarily pull it off with that print, or in general, but I'd love to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment