Friday, November 13, 2009

Sticky Feet No More


Domestic Goddess duties just build up so high when one lives alone. You can't ignore the dirty sink surface in the bathroom or the stack of mail in the living room or the sticky kitchen floor hoping someone else will deal with it. For the last few weeks I have noticed that my kitchen floor had a sticky spot near the stove. (Hey I admit it, sometimes I really get into cooking and not everything makes it into the pot) The spot has been bothersome, but I couldn't bring myself to deal with it. Tonight, it is just me against the spot.

Washing the floor is something that I hate doing more than any other chore, but at the same time if I am able to complete the task in one go I feel so freaking accomplished. Back in the day when I worked at the ice cream store we would have to mop up the floors - which were covered in ice cream, fudge, caramel and who knows what else - my back always was killing me the day after. Fortunately, my teeny kitchen has an even smaller floor. This means I was only Cinderella for about 10 minutes, but those 10 minutes felt like forever.

I am now rather proud that my feet no longer stick to the floor and I hope to be more careful while cooking so that it doesn't get gross like that again. But we'll see. Worst comes to worst, I have to pretend to be a Disney princess for another 10 minutes. I think at this point I have already done some serious laundry, cleaned the bathroom, washed the dishes and cleaned the floor. I am letting my domestic goddess alter ego have a break now. I only wish I had the energy to make something to eat for dinner, but then again, I would just have to clean up again...

No comments:

Post a Comment