Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Serendipity allowed for an Aha Moment

It was a little chilly when I left my place on Sunday morning so I grabbed my favorite pashmina (from the wonderful author of Swingin Round the Polestar) and headed to the T. I was off to meet some of my kickball girls for brunch at Columbus Cafe. Brunch was wonderful. We gossiped, giggled, and stuffed our bellies.

Where is this story going? Well, fast-forward to Monday morning. Getting ready for work and I want my pink pashmina. Cannot find it ANYWHERE. I look EVERYWHERE. The apartment is pretty clean. It wasn't under the pile that was my pink tutu dress from Saturday, nor was it under the mail or the pile of coats on my chair. Logical conclusion, it must be in the Cafe. They didn't open until 5:30 so I figured why not just head there right after work. Waiting for them to open would have just wasted 3o minutes of my day.

The T was slow, and a bigger pain the usual. I was one stop away from Massachusetts Ave and I felt someone bump into me. The car was not that crowded so it had to be purposeful, I look up, it was a guy I went to school with for 12 years. We had a nice short awkward conversation and then as soon as he got on I had to get off.

I mulled over the interaction for the remainder of the travel - it was a quick turnaround as the scarf was not there, bummer. As I was getting to the grocery store for the second time in 24 hours I realized whoa, I have grown. It was quite the Aha Moment (please Mutual of Omaha or Oprah, don't try and sue me for that!) I have spent the last three years up here growing and evolving into an amazing person. I admit, I am not the most stable person emotionally, but I do really enjoy being me and have some high self-esteem. The person I am now is nothing like the person I was in grade school, I am so less awkward. Well I am awkward in a new way. :) I don't think I would have had that moment if I hadn't ran into him. As I have mentioned in previous posts, there are a bunch of things I would like to change in my life, but I am very happy being me...

Oh and don't worry, when I got home I went to throw my cardigan on the cardigan pile that is on the back of my couch only to notice that both of my missing pashminas were somehow stuck between the cushions. Go figure. I can't get upset. If I didn't travel down on the orange line, I would have never run into my former classmate, and the moment would never have happened...nor would that awesome one person dance party I wrote about yesterday.

1 comment:

  1. I like that you like yourself, because I like you!

    ReplyDelete