Monday, November 23, 2009

Mac and Cheese with Gravy


Sunday night was Thanksgiving dinner round one. A group of friends and I got together to stuff ourselves silly with turkey and all its fixings. The paper plates we used were a little on the small side, which made it hard to fit all of the different food items on them. Don't be fooled, we didn't take smaller portions, but merely piled everything on top of each other. This turned out to be a great way to discover fantastic new food combinations. Baked mac and cheese tastes wonderful when you dip it in gravy, similarly, sopping up the green bean casserole mushroom soup mixture with turkey is absolutely divine. If you don't have the guts to try it this Thursday, I guess you will just have to take my word.

Dinner was quite the success and dessert was fabulous. We had three types of pie and all were made with lots of love and butter. :) There was this magical chocolate pie that is just perfection. Words can't do it justice so I am not going to try. There was just so much chocolate pudding, chocolate chips and half and half. So full of fatty wonderfulness. There were a handful of people taking hits of whipped cream right out of the can.

The evening was a great way to end a weekend, it was hard to fight the turkey coma when I got home at 9:30 and still needed to get work done. Fighting that natural tendency to pass out after a big turkey meal is really hard. I managed to stay up till 1 am but I was much slower at getting my work done, and I didn't even get any where close to my kitchen which was FILLED with dirty dishes from making mac and cheese earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment