Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thirty

# of books that I have bought and are sitting on my bookshelves unread.

7 - # of collections of short stories that I have started or picked through, but yet to complete all the entries

6 - # of books I started and put back down because I didn't have the time, focus, or energy to invest in them

6 - # of books bought for a college class that I didn't to to that semester and vowed to read later in life. Later still has not happened

Forty-nine books that need to be read, are dying to be read, are staring back at me in my living room. This number does not include the book I need to read for book club that is being held next week. Every few weeks I end up in a book store and say that I cannot purchase a new a book until I catch up on all the ones that are already scattered around my apartment. Those days I usually end up with just one new book in my purse. It is an addiction and it hard to break.

My goal this thanksgiving break is to read at least two of them and three magazines (which would get me caught up in that area). The first book would be the book club book, the second being The Host by Stephanie Meyers (yes the Twilight lady). I would say don't judge me for The Host but you already have, instead I will ask to still be my friend. :)

I don't know when I am going to find time to really get these piles down considering I feel like reading is a waste of time right now as I try to get my life together. So maybe when I am 50 I'll have a few hours? If anything I need a job that lets me travel so I can plane read...

No comments:

Post a Comment