Wednesday, November 25, 2009

There are some ugly babies out there, but...

there is no reason to be retouching baby rolls!

I am perfectly comfortable about the fact that models, actresses and public figures get air brushed and morphed into perfection when their images get published. Weird hairs, random zits or discoloration can be removed just to smooth out the image, but getting rid of a baby's fat rolls is just going to far.

Most of the time, babies are cute purely because they are chubby. I don't care for kids, but I cannot help but smile if a see a blob with pudgy arms and legs waving around. Skinny babies make me nervous. They look sick. Infants can't really move much on their own so they can't really be "working off" their calories, thus, they should have some heft to them.

Photoshop and retouching is a slippery slope. I understand wanting to show the best version of an image, but some standards need to be reevaluated based on the subject. Its true, I don't want to see a chubby model (unless she is a plus size), I do want to see a chubby baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment