Tuesday, October 20, 2009

What's worse than not landing the perfect job?

Getting a bad batch of peach rings from the local convenience store afterward!

Today, I got a call letting me know that I didn't get a dream job while I was home sick. Bad enough, right? I then did what any normal, sane person would do, and that would be to skip my healing naps for some intense job searching. After sending out some more resumes and amazing cover letters I decided that I needed something to pep me up.

Healthy foods do not work well for pity parties. Gummy candy, however, is a miracle worker. I walked over to the local corner store to get some chips and gummy candy. Found some peach rings (which are second only to green frogs) and thought all would be well. When I got home and opened the bag, it was failure. Never in my life have I ever been so disappointed about a piece of candy. The bag even says "gourmet". Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment