Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daydreaming About Shoes. Again.

When ever I acquire a new pair of shoes as fab as my new Harajuku Lovers I find that my shoe addiction kicks into overdrive. Normally, I peruse through zappos.com, nordstrom.com, piperlimea.gap.com nd aldo.com at most once a week. Now I can't help but hit up those sites a few times a day.

One site advertised New Gladiators!. I really liked the gladiator style and bought a few pairs last spring. I figured I should check out the improvements so I can think about if I need to update my look.

Well, I think the "new gladiator" looks a lot like the old ones. (See picture of my Aldo shoes for spring 2009) I guess there isn't much you can do for a cage shoe with a flat sole. In typing that sentence, it makes sense that cage shoes came into fashion. My new Harajuku Lovers are cages and one of the reasons they appeal to me so much is that the strapping goes up my ankle.

I have already found the next shoe I would like to provide a loving home to in one of three closets here in my apartment. This shoe also has a 4.5 inch heel with a platform sole. I absolutely love the colors and the jewels, making the shoe a little more day wear appropriate than the yellow monsters. Just not a huge fan of the price, so it might be a while before we meet in person...

No comments:

Post a Comment