Monday, February 22, 2010

Thicker is Better

Things are finally becoming normal again.

Vogue's February magazine had 220 pages. Which is about what the publishing has been averaging since I first started my subscription in September 2009. But this month, things have changed. Last week I was thinking that the March issue should be coming soon and would get a little sad each time I opened the mailbox and no magazine. On Saturday, I was bummed yet again. Then as I turned the corner to my apartment, I saw it. The March issue of Vogue resting next to my door.

The magazine was too large to fit in the mailbox!

This month's issue tops the charts at 528, which is still no where near the 840 pages that were published for the September 2007. But at least we are getting to an issue that is almost an inch wide, which hasn't been the case in a good while. With my excitement of finding the magazine at my doorway at 1 am on Saturday I made it my goal to wake up the next morning and curl up on the couch so that I could read the whole thing in one sitting. Sadly, I got distracted by apartment chores (and by apartment chores I mean the Keeping up with the Kardasians marathon) and so the task has been postponed for next weekend, because I feel like I should give the magazine my complete attention and a good couple of hours of my time.

And yes, that is Tina Fey on the cover this month. What is Anna doing?

No comments:

Post a Comment