Friday, February 5, 2010

Soothing? Not to my tastebuds

Finally getting over this cold. I have to get up early tomorrow to get my brakes fixed because I have to work in Worcester at night. DC is supposed to get tons of snow and so far Boston sounds like it is in the clear but just in case we do end up getting some, I'd rather be able to actually stop when I hit the brake pedal on the Mass Pike than not. Thus 7:30 am wake up call it is. My body has slowly been recovering since Monday. My sneezing has slowed down and I have definitely been going through fewer tissues per hour.

At this point I think I am ready to sleep through the night without a shot of NyQuil before hitting the bed. While I find that the medicine is a God send with providing me the ability to sleep through the night, it honestly couldn't be less pleasant to taste. The advertisements state that its is a soothing. I would love to know who agrees. Every night I want to gag after I swallow (that's what she said). I don't even know what flavor that is supposed to be. It is just revolting.

I have to say as much as I love the quality of sleep I get from taking the NyQuil, I hate having to consume it. Getting healthy not only is a plus because that means I will stop sneezing but I will also get to end my dependency on the green sauce. NyQuil do you think you could try to create something that is a little less revolting? I would really appreciate it - and I think the rest of America would too.

1 comment:

  1. I have this mint stuff and it's not too bad. Theraflu makes a cough syrup now too, but I haven't had to try that yet (knock on wood!)
    http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?filterBy=&skuId=328905&productId=328905&navAction=push&navCount=4&no_new_crumb=true

    ReplyDelete