Friday, February 12, 2010

Rainbows and Tutus. Could I ask for anything more?

Earlier this week, a friend shared a blog post (Modish) through both Google Reader and Google Buzz that centered around images consisting of vibrant colors. The post's images are all extremely captivating with their bold use of colors. This photo below made me stop scrolling for a moment as I wanted to be sure I had enough time to take it in completely.

by hakanphotography

You know, as well as I do, that the biggest reason for my pause would have been because of the rainbow tutu. The fashion statement the clothing is making is something that I wish I had the guts to say with my own wardrobe. I think I make small statements, maybe we can call them comments, with my choice in dresses and accessories. But nothing this bold. I think the biggest obstacle (besides money) would simply not having anywhere to wear something so out there. If I had a life like Lady Gaga this wouldn't be an issue, but sadly my simple life in Boston doesn't allow such bold statements.

After going to hakanphotography to grab a copy of the image, I started to poke around and must say I like this person's work. The use of color and light appeals greatly to me. I am a fan.

There was one other picture that caught my eye. I don't find the image as powerful as the one above, but wanted to share it with you anyways. My love of tattoos and body painting has to be what makes me feel that it is noteworthy. If I could be in a photographer's portfolio, I know I would love to be covered in paint (tastefully) because I love the intensity adding pigment directly to skin gives the human form.


No comments:

Post a Comment