Sunday, February 21, 2010

Loving Harajuku Lovers

Last weekend I feel in love with a pair of shoes at Nordstrom. My friend is getting married this June and we were looking for her wedding shoes at the Natick Mall. While scoping out the displays in Nordstrom's shoe department my eye got stuck on a yellow shoe display. But I had to keep my own fashion on hold and keep looking for shoes for her. Even though a pair of yellow cage Harajuku Lovers shoes were calling my name from across the way...

One week later I returned to Natick with the goal of returning home with a new pair of 4+ inch heels in tow. I was a woman on a mission and immediately found a sales rep who could grab me a pair of size 7s. They fit like a dream. While one would think that shoes that high would be naturally uncomfortable, they have to be some of the most feet friendly heels I now own. Part of the comfort level is probably attributed to the fact that there is a small platform under the toes. Normally I stay far away from peep toe shoes as my toes are pretty awful, but I think the cage style keeps the eyes from really noticing my piggies.


Harajuku shoes
are really comfortable. Really comfortable. I tried the two other styles that were in stock in my size and didn't misstep even once while strutting around the department. There have been a number of times in my life where I have sacrificed comfort for height when picking out pumps. I was completely prepared for little awkwardness or an understanding that some breaking in would be necessary while coveting these. But honestly, I think I could have worn them out of the store and wore them for the rest of the day and night without a problem. These shoes are just amazing. I know these statements are being made based on my test walks, but I will be very surprised if I need to take any of them back later this spring.

Even though Boston has been getting warmer, I think I will need at least another 10 or so degrees bump in the temperature before I could be seen walking around the streets of Boston in these babies. Until then, I think my coworkers and students will be getting a huge kick out of them. Hopefully, they will get some rave reviews!

1 comment: