Friday, May 21, 2010

Bacon on the Brain


This weekend I will be heading back to RI for a super fun bbq. My friend just got her Master's in Marine Affairs (and sadly, no, that does not mean she gets to stare at men in uniform all day). Conveniently, her graduation coincides with her moving into a new apartment, so of course, a party was a must.

My original plan was to make some bacon pasta salad*. Then life happened and now I realize I will be home and available to cook for maybe an hour between now (Friday at noon) and when I must leave to get to RI (sometime around 3:30 tomorrow). I would rather avoid the stress trying to get the pasta salad made, so I will probably go with option 2. Beer.

Just as I was about to write yet another post about bacon, I checked my email. In my over stuffed inbox I found an old one advertising a bacon scented candle. Could not make this up if I tried. I don't know how I feel about this product. Do I really want to smell like bacon if I didn't get to eat any??

---------

*Bow Tie Pasta Salad


1 (16 oz) box bow tie pasta

1 – 1 ½ bottles Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing

Raw veggies (i.e. red peppers, green peppers, pea pods, etc.), cut up

Cooked bacon (approx. 4 - 5 slices), crumbled in pieces

Salt

Pepper

Cook pasta according to directions on the box. Rinse pasta with cold water, drain, and put in large bowl. Chill for about a half hour, and then add enough Ranch dressing to keep it from sticking. Chill again. When chilled, add cut up veggies, salt and pepper to taste, and enough dressing to coat the pasta. Toss well. Add bacon before serving, and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment