Sunday, May 16, 2010

You win mtv. I now watch The Hills

Two weekends ago there was a The Hills marathon. I randomly turned on the tv during day two and tweeted about watching my first episode. A friend immediately replied that I should start from the beginning. So I did just that.

Season 1 Lauren and Heidi

In about two weeks time I have now seen every single The Hills episode made. Being able to watch them in succession like that really allows one to see how the show's "reality" has deteriorated over the years. The plot lines have become thinner and the cast has evolved in strange ways.

The same friend who advised me to watch from the beginning stated that she felt the show really took a turn when Lauren Conrad left. I would have to agree. Without her, there doesn't appear to be center. Now you see Heidi 3.0 and Spencer fighting for the spotlight while Kristen from Laguna Hills has returned to be the voiceover, but unfortunately, pretty much everyone hates her and she might be on drugs.

What I will say is it is a shame that the cast loves to stay in the gossip rags. If we didn't already know what Heidi looked like from the pictures in People Magazine, I think the editing for the episode where she reveals herself to her mom would have been more shocking. But, I was still on edge waiting for the cameras to zoom in on her puffy face rather than the back of head or scanning up to just below her boobs.

Heidi Season 6

I will say, Heidi's mom was right. Not only does she not look better than before the surgery, but the surgery has aged her dramatically. I would never think this girl is 3 years younger than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment