Friday, May 14, 2010

Bathing Suit Blues.....and greens and pinks


Bathing suits are already going on sale everywhere. In order for me to get a suit for this summer, I realized I should get a move on because sadly one cannot find anything decent if one waits until June or July, you know when swim suits are actually needed. But there is no need to get into that old tired issue.

Victoria Secret has been bombarding me with emails about their swim sales. I have never purchased a bathing suit from them, and since they don't have the best return policy (and there is shipping costs!), I decided if I was going to go for it, I better know exactly what I wanted. The Mall at Chestnut Hill has one of the stores so I trekked on over. Sadly, they carry no suits, so I was stuck.

As I walked back to my car, I remembered that the Atrium Mall (across the street) had a J-Crew and they were also sending me numerous emails. So off I went. There were a number styles available for me to try on. I loaded up my arms with bottoms and tops, and headed into an oddly lit changing room. If that lighting is suppose to help me look better, I don't ever want to see myself in a bathing suit in normal lighting.

Bathing suit shopping should never be done when
  • a) you are still pasty from the winter
  • b) just ate ice cream at your office's meet the new coworker's party or
  • c) not 100% full of confidence.

I did not fulfill any of these requirements and eventually had to just put the suits away. I like one suit, and I am pretty sure it was flattering, but I just wasn't ready to put down the $57 dollars (that was after the 30% off). Hopefully things will look better when I try again in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment