Monday, May 17, 2010

Life is (still) Good


My cupboards were not bare, but they didn't have the most useful items in them either. A meal consisting of diced tomatoes in garlic and oil with a can of baked beans and some crackers wasn't going to cut it, so I decided to stop at the grocery on the way home.

I bought way more groceries than I intended, I just cannot control myself when I am hungry, and hopped into the car to speed to my apartment before the ice cream had a chance to get melty. As I walked up the path to my apartment building, I went to reach for my keys. Not in my bag.

I frantically started pulling the bag apart and dumping the contents. That is when I realized that I had made a huge mistake leaving my coat on the back of my office chair. My morning routine consists of me slipping my apartment keys into my coat pocket. Sometimes these keys are later transferred into my bag, but this was not the case today. Ugh.

After a few calls to the property building and the various handymen, I was able to get in and save the frozen foods. An hour later I went to grab my bag so I could pick up my friend from the bus stop and go over to trivia. As I grabbed my phone, car keys and spare keys, I noticed something was missing. That sometime was my wallet.

Again, I tore everything apart and even searched the car. No wallet. I know I bought my groceries so I called the market. Thankfully someone turned it in!

I raced over and everything was there, my credit cards and my money. Sigh of relief!

As much as those two hours caused me extreme stress, I will walk away thinking that it could have been worse. I am thankful things worked out so well for me, and I even was able to pick up my friend and make it to trivia. We only missed out on the first question!

No comments:

Post a Comment