Saturday, May 8, 2010

Don't eat gummy fried eggs

This afternoon I went with a friend to Sugar Heaven on Boylston St. Oh man. How have I not been there before??? I am not the biggest chocolate fiend, but I love gummy candy like no other. Specifically I have a special place in my heart for green frogs.

The shop has two walls of candy that you can buy by the pound. It is a little more pricey than other candy places I have frequented in the past, but considering the shop is in the city, I get it. One particular perk is that the employees let you taste the different candies! Most of the candies we tried were very tasty, the one that I would urge you to stay away from is the fried egg gummy.
The girl told me it was like circus peanuts, which made me a little concerned. First, I sniffed the candy and detected that buttery scent...eeep. Then as soon as I popped it in my mouth I was disgusted. It was a painful chew. The two employees felt bad for me so they gave me a fancy peach candy to cleanse my pallet.

In the end I walked away with a great bad full of green frogs, grapefruits, peaches, clown fish, raspberries and peachy penguins (yes they are as adorable as they sound). I think a night of leftovers, gummies and movies are in my near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment