Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Economic Crisis 101

This past weekend I went over to Newton for some light shopping with a few gal pals. While browsing through Anthropologie, I came across the lobster dress.

I love it. I think it is super cute. Personally, I don't care for the taste of lobster, but I have no problem wearing their image on my person. I wanted to show my co-worker the dress. She also grew up on the beach and loves all thing New England. When I went to search for it on google, one of the first images comes from the U.K.'s Anthropologie website. I did a double take, the dress is listed at £118.00! It is $138.00 here.

All I could think of was when I was in college and knew that the British pound was almost $3. I totally thought I stumbled upon the best plan ever, purchasing Anthropologie items and shipping to the UK for the fraction of the cost.

Then I googled the current conversion.
£118.00 equals $173.89! When did that happen?? Apparently my knowledge of world economic changes comes from looking up dresses online. Eeep.

No comments:

Post a Comment