Sunday, May 23, 2010

Taking the Scenic Route


I brunched with a few girls this morning down at Masa on Tremont Street. The brunch was tasty, but the services wasn't so spectacular. Today's weather was perfect for a stroll, so I opted to leave the house early so I could get off at Park St Station and wander my way to the restaurant. I saw online that the walk wouldn't be too long and who wants to have to hop onto the Green line for just a few stops anyway?

After checking with Google Maps I saw that the walk should be easy and simple so I didn't bother to print the map or write anything down. Not the smartest move on my part. See, I decided that while strolling through the park I would chat with my grandmother. By the time I thought to check in with my surroundings I realized that I was on a street I wasn't planning on walking on and really had no idea where I was in relation to where I should be.

At this point, I would like to give a thank you shout out to the bell hop that pointed me back in the right direction, as I still managed with this detour to be the first one at the restaurant.

If anything this weekend has taught me I should be more diligent about printing maps or getting addresses of places I need to go. Friday night I had a similar experience in that when I finally found parking I realized I wasn't sure where the restaurant was that I was supposed to eat dinner at. Thanks to a friendly policeman, I again made it just in time. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment