Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco De Mayo


Being the original ladies we are, my friends and I decided that we should go out for tequila and nachos. I mean, who else would think to do so on May 5th?

I was able to get to Sunset Cantina first and put our name in for a table. I thought only five of us would be there but I also was afraid I miscounted so I went up to the hostess and said "5??" when she asked for the size of the party. I tried to look as confused as possible, I had a feeling I was wrong.

Well I was, but not because I couldn't count, but because a friend brought her fiance. I had to be sure that the number was updated so that we could get the proper sized table. Feeling like the waitstaff was super stressed, the bar was backed up and there were so many waiting for a table, I went up and told her "So I gave you the wrong number because I forgot to count myself, there are six". The hostess looked at me like, oh I am sorry you are stupid, and updated our info.

I like playing dumb at times. I know that as a customer service person I am slightly more patient with dumb blondes than I am with any other type of dumb person. I guess that could be considered unfair, but hey, get over it.

In the end, we had many good drinks and tasty tasty food. I love Cinco de Mayo, but if we were completely honest with ourselves, every happy hour we arrange ends up with a plate of nachos and at least one person drinking tequila.

No comments:

Post a Comment