Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Coffee that goes CRUNCH

I have been out of coffee for my coffee maker for the last week or so. Being the fiscally responsible woman that I am, I have, of course, begun purchasing iced coffee on my way to work every morning. I can't bring myself to drink black coffee so I usually get a little cream and sugar.

This morning, when I walked over for my morning -- errr late morning/early afternoon -- jump start, I neglected to say "just a little" when quantifying the cream and sugar. Because of this the woman at DD went to town with the add-ins. As I walked out of the store I stuck my straw in the cup and took my first big swig.

Whoooooosh. Not only did I get a mouthful of coffee but along came a substantial amount of sugar. Crunch crunch crunch. Feeling the granules of sugar between my teeth made me flashback into time when I ordered ice coffees (light and sweet) to drink while watching middle school baseball games. It was a nice quick trip down memory lane. I don't have plans going back to that kind of sugar intake, but for the moment it was pretty sweet. (pun intended)

No comments:

Post a Comment