Sunday, March 28, 2010

The $29.95 Question

How did I celebrate taking a $250 test?


I bought shoes. Duh.

The GMAT website tells you that the exam takes about 4 hours. With this in mind I told my friends to meet me at the bar at 4:10 as my exam was scheduled to start at noon and knew I would need a drink as soon as I was finished. Being the neurotic individual that I am, I arrived at the testing center about an hour early. The women in charge didn't even flinch when I said I was an hour early and even let me start the test 30 minutes before my scheduled time. Between starting early and opting out of the breaks, I finished just before 3 pm. Being the responsible individual that I am, I opted to go for a walk rather than head to the bar and drink by myself for an hour.

I have been carrying a $20 coupon with me for the last few weeks for DSW so I figured I'd head on over to Downtown Crossing and see if there were any good 4 inch heels that needed a new home. Luckily, a pair of Harajuku Lovers shoes were there and priced at $49.95 (minimum amount I needed to spend to use the discount!). I would have rather had the option to purchase the blue, but my size wasn't in stock. I'm thinking I will bring these along with me when I drive home for Easter and see if the DSW back home has the blue in a size 7.

In the interest of full disclosure, I will say that these shoes are not as comfortable as the yellow ones. The cage around the toes will require some getting used to. But for $29.95, the shoes are a steal and totally worth it! (Retail value $100.00)

No comments:

Post a Comment