Monday, March 29, 2010

Age Old Question


Pi or Cake?*

When choosing desserts off a menu, I always check first for pie and then settle down for cake if need be. I think it is the crust that I like the best. And to be honest, I am not a huge fan of super sugary frosting. When I found The Sweet Science: Proof that Pie Trumps Cake I almost busted a gut laughing. The diagrams are spot on. Pie really is the best. Maybe it is simply because everyone gets a chance to eat the best part, there are no sugar flowers!

In honor of March Madness** jezebel.com is having a bracket of pie vs cakes. I have been voting fairly regularly, and only just noticed today that cheesecake is on the pie side! The dessert has "cake" in the name! I guess there can be a small graham cracker crust, but I really don't think pie when I think about cheesecake. Seeing this dessert as the number two seed in the pie bracket caused me more distress than I would like to admit to... Seriously?? I hope it doesn't go to the finals, I don't think I would feel comfortable with cheesecake representing my favorite dessert!

*I totally own this nerd shirt. I got it from shirt.woot.com
** Munch Madness is also being hosted by boston.com, a race of local restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment