Friday, March 5, 2010

I know what Burn Notice is!

Burn Notice is one of my favorite shows. Interesting fact that I learned this morning while driving to work, is that Jeffrey Donovan, who plays the main character Michael Weston, is from Massachusetts. While the show has a great set of core characters and some great story lines each week, I recently became aware of the fact that no one knows what the show is about. I have to admit that I started to watch it after the show already entered its second season (I did start from the beginning by watching marathons). The main reason I felt the urge to watch the show was actually because I couldn't figure out what the series was about, but figured if it made it to a second season, it had to be doing something right.

In case you haven't seen it, SNL did a great skit about the mystery that is Burn Notice:



To help answer some questions, Michael Weston is a burned spy. He used to work for the American government but essentially got fired, which means his identity has been distroyed. The only allies he has is his mother, ex-girlfriend, and best friend. They contract out their skills and help people out of jams. There is often some elaborate trap that needs to be set. Often a combination of ammunition and household items are used to create some great explosions. The show is definitely worth checking out. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment