Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The weather has changed but my clothes are still gloomy

I walked out of work today and for the first time realized how Debby Downer my outfit was. I was wearing gray slacks with lighter gray pinstripe, a gray razorback tank trimmed with black lace which was under a fitted black double-breasted cardigan and on my feet, black boots. My coat of choice was my asymmetrical gray peacoat. Boring an dull. The only light at the end of this sad fashion tunnel was my bright coral/pink chunky necklace.

Normally, I stay away from all blacks/grays during the day. I think that it is too depressing for work and all. In retrospect, I think I was channeling the raincloud gloom that has been covering Boston for the last three days. The more I think about it, the more I realize that I tend to dress like the weather, which I guess most people do based on the seasonal color palettes the fashion world has provided us. Normally sunny mornings make me add tons of color. I think this morning I was simply in denial that the sun was going to be out for more than just my walk to my car this morning.

Tomorrow is predicted to hit 60 degrees. I will be sure to keep the black to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment