Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Bringing Sultry Back

In talking with a friend of mine, we got to talking about classy lingerie and how it seems to be a thing of the past. When watching older movies, women are seen primping in front of the vanity mirror while wearing beautiful night gowns and robes. They are covered head to toe in fabric (some of it sheer) and even without body parts hanging out for all to see the women oooze sexuality with their personalities and carriage.




Victoria's Secret may have a few pieces that are seductive. But overall, the teddies are pretty tacky and made of, well, cheap lace. I am not saying that a garment made entirely out of lace is always tacky and/or trashy, but when it is made in a neon color, it gets harder to defend. (truth be told, I own this particular style in sea green) The point of this small rant is simply that the masses are being sold to make women look slutty rather than sultry.

At least this is what I have been thinking until I saw a slip hanging in Anthropologie. I want it. I want it badly. Since I have been living on my own I have enjoyed walking around in whatever I do, or do not, feel like wearing. Lately, I have been on the look out for slips like this one because they are just so soft, comfortable, and cute. It gets too hot for sweatpants in the summer and I want a good alternative as I like to keep the windows open and would rather not put on a show for the neighbors.

Attention all possible sugar daddies: This $78 slip would be a great gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment