Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Flash What Yo Mama Gave You

I have begun to consider the idea that crossing over to the leggings as pants fashion concept isn't as terrible as I once thought. BUT, I do feel the need to defend myself in saying that this is only after I choosing to use real leggings (not those thin ones that are really tights that are incorrectly labeled) AND I would be pairing them with a very long shirt. As much as I love my butt and am quite proud of its size and shape, there is still no need for it to be in your face. I am not a supporter of wearing a stress (a shirt being used as a dress) without making sure that my lady bits will stay covered and that there is no way that there could be an incident.

That being said, let's get to the point of this post.

Now, unfortunately, not all designers feel the same way that I do about what is a shirt and what is a dress. These really short "dresses" are also being styled minimally. Models are left barelegged, which makes a potential flash of lady bits all more likely. For the last year or so, I have noticed that Urban Outfitters will often put tunics on models with no leggings, or pants. (See slideshow)



Turns out that I am not the only one who has noticed this phenomena. Daddy Likey is a blog that has a reoccurring post entitled "Don't Show-cha Your Chocha". I think it is amazing. This is up there with the leggings are not pants blog that sadly seems to have been abandoned as the URL goes no where. I am going to add Daddy Likey to my blog watch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment