Friday, March 12, 2010

Your ads are cute. I'm still eating a hamburger.

On the drive home yesterday I got stuck behind a bus at a red light. Normally there are advertisements for things like Jazz Brunch, or the Donkey Show on the back of the bus. This time it was an ad for Veganism! The ad was pretty much what you see below but said "Choose Vegan" rather than Vegetarian.


I have to be perfectly honest. It took me a second to understand the ad as I have never eaten a kitten, nor have I eaten a baby chick. After a moment, I realized that these meat hating people want me to associate a chicken with the baby chick. Unfortunately that just didn't happen for me. Then when I understood the concept all I could think about was that baby chicks wouldn't have enough meat on their bodies for me to bother with. But whatever.

After getting over the whole how-could-you-ever-think-of-eating-something-cute thing, I was struck by the fact that the advertisement was for veganism. Not vegetarianism. It is hard enough for me to imagine life with hotdogs and bacon, I don't think I want to be in a world without cheese....

I will give the organization some credit. I did look up their website. Mainly to try and find the advertisement, which sadly is not available. BUT they do have one starring a pig and a puppy. The piggy is so damn cute. This group needs to stop making the food animal cuter than the pet because really, it keeps taking me a second to figure out who I am supposed to be eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment