Thursday, March 4, 2010

Don't Mess with a Good Thing

One of my favorite food memories is getting New York System weiners after CCD on Sundays with my mom and sister. We got them pretty much every week. Once I was in high school I got it into my head that hot dogs were foul and should never been consumed. I became a big pain in the house, especially considering beans and franks had been a crowd pleaser for so long.

In college my parents even tried tempting me with Saugies recently. Saugies are known for the crunch and crispness of the shell. (for other state specific hot dogs look over this wikipedia article) Oh man, I can't believe I tried to fight my family on this. All changed my senior year of college. A group of students decided to fundraise for a trip by selling hot dogs during spring weekend. I devoured two of them so quickly that afternoon. Ever since then, I get these hot dog cravings that are so intense. The craving overtake my thoughts.

So recently I saw an article that the hot dog might get redesigned! Like my parents, many other mothers and fathers find that the hot dog is a great dinner or lunch food. Sadly, it is also the perfect shape to cause a child to choke. I don't know how I feel about this redesign, although I do like the one that has a trough for condiments. That feature could make the hot dog slightly less messy because I like to pile on the toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment