Sunday, March 14, 2010

Three girls who have less of a reason to be famous than Kim...

For the last few weeks I have seen advertisements for "Pretty Wild". All I ever understood was that there were three sisters that were supposedly famous and got a tv show for it. I never had the attention span to figure out their back story, after all, it took me years to be able to figure out why we care about the Kardashians. Thankfully, because this show is on E!, Chelsea Handler had the three girls on Chelsea Lately.

I learned that Alexis was in the Bling Ring (aka Burglary Bunch). In case you have forgotten what this pop-culture reference is, the Bling Ring was a group of over privileged adolescence who thought there was nothing better to do with their time than to burgal homes of young Holywood (think Orlando Bloom, Lindsay Lohan, Britney Spears, etc) in 2008 and 2009. If you haven't heard this girl talk yet, trust me on this one, she was in no way the brains behind the operation. When asked what she was doing with her time right now, the answer was not school even thought she is 19, but instead she a Pilates, hip hop, pole dancing instructor. The clips let us know that there is a pole in the house so that she can keep up her skills.

What these three girls go onto explain to Chelsea is that they are followed because they follow The Secret. The Secret is the philosophy of the Church of Religious Science. Basically you think about what you want, it will happen. The example that they gave was that they wanted to be on tv and then E! offered them one. Case closed.

I said before I would never give in and watch Keeping Up with the Kardashians, and have since become a fan if marathons are on E!. But I am very VERY certain that even I cannot be sucked into the story of three sisters who pole dance and do playboy (the 20 year old was a Cyber Girl).


No comments:

Post a Comment