Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Versace, I am a fan

If I am concerned about the cost of the dress at Kenneth Cole, clearly I should not be day dreaming about the Versace 2010 Spring Collection. Oh well, these gowns crave attention, and so I will give it to them.


Personally I think I am too pale for an all white dress and would never be able to strut around in public in one. (The exception to that statement would be on my wedding, but even then I would guess I would go more bone than white)

I do love the way strips of fabric are used to create a bodice that flatters the female shape. The model does not appear to have a large bust, but the silhouette of the dress gives her almost an hourglass shape by accentuating the small waste and shapely bottom.

Additionally, having a set of straps connect into the hardware that is found on the torso makes me think that dress doubles as its own accessories. Maybe the dress is worth it as I wouldn't need to invest in a necklace?





I find the close up of this dress is more pleasing to the eye than the picture of the whole garment. The main reason being that I find those silver shoes to be too matchy matchy in color and thus become rather distracting. Maybe if the shoes didn't go so high up shin, but even then, it just seems like a bad decision.

The technique used in the bodice and along the side is interesting. It gives a feel of a feminine armor. Something that is delicate and yet indestructible.

The more I look at the whole gown, the more I realize I actually prefer it to be shorter. I know that if it was chopped here it would be too short, but honestly, the long gown just makes the whole thing look really, really heavy.





This is the last look I wanted to chat about. Again, I think the close up on detailing is way more interesting than the gown as a whole.

Both the teal and purple are intense and I think because the model's skin is so pale the cutouts work. The neutrality of the skin tone almost gives the dress a feel of another fabric than of peek-a-boo cutouts.

I wouldn't say that the dress should be cut super short, but I think if it was cut above the knee the look would be more flattering. There is something about how the fabric pulls along the lower half of her body that just irks me.




**All photos were taken from projectrungay.blogspot.com**

No comments:

Post a Comment