Sunday, April 25, 2010

Running Running Running


"I can't even be bothered to run to my mailbox"

I once heard someone say this in response to the classic "Do you run?" question that fit people love to throw out to us lazy people and thought it was perfect. Over the last few years I have come to rely on this statement which has kept those who run from continuing on with trying to convince me I am missing out on some amazing experience. Recently, I developed runner's envy (I completely admit this stems from watching people run the Marathon), and just like when I had bloggers envy, I have decided to act on it.

First, I went Marathon Sports on Boylston St. If you have never run and know that you have a tendency to just pick the shoes that are the cutest and not necessarily the best for you, I'd suggest going to one of the Marathon Sports locations. They will watch you walk, suggest some shoes for you and then send you outside to awkwardly jog up and down the side walk.

In the end purchasing sneakers by Saucony. These shoes will keep my ankles nice and stable as they have a habit to flop around while I walk/run. I think this is why I am able to twist my ankle at the drop of a hat. With the spirit of full disclosure, I twisted it at one point when I was test jogging two different sneakers. Personally, I am going to fault the fact that one sneaker was padded more than the other so I became lopsided.

Oye. This will be quite an adventure folks. Let's see if I can make it through the "couch to 5k program!"

As a side note, I'd love to praise the employees at Marathon Sports. The female that helped me out was super eager and nice. Not once did I feel awkward (well more than usual) and felt very safe that she was going to put me in a shoe that would be comfortable and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment