Sunday, April 11, 2010

Show Me The $$$!

I had sworn that I would get my taxes done in February, and unfortunately, the month just got away from me. Then March arrived, and the GMATs became the priority and taxes fell to the way side. April 1st showed up and, well, I wanted to go out and have fun. Today, I realized that this is the last weekend before April 15th. Even though I knew I would get a refund, and the tax deadline only penalizes those who don't file but will need to pay, I really needed to get my rear in gear.

Since high school, I have been doing my own taxes. Yes, I would have father check them over. And I will admit that when I had super complicated taxes that involved cross filing in RI and MA, I did have turbo tax step in on the state side,. But in general, I prefer to them by hand, the process makes me feel accomplished.

I do miss the RI state tax return. First, it was less complicated than the Massachusetts one. And second, if you were eligible for a refund, it ended with a smiley face. The MA return is not as friendly. Now that the returns have been filed, I just have to sit back and wait for the money to show up in my bank account.
Clearly if I were a cartoon accountant, I would be a doughnut

No comments:

Post a Comment