Monday, April 12, 2010

Snacking in the Grocery

The general rule is that one shouldn't go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. Everything looks so tasty and the trip always ends in at least $15 worth of impulse purchases. The only time I think that you can ignore this rule is if you plan on hitting up the Deli. Basically the deli gives you free snacks and help tied you over on the way home to make dinner.

I was busy having fun on saturday and then opted to not leave the apartment on sunday, leaving me with an apartment with no food. Thus, I had to eat some baked beans, and cheese & crackers for lunch. It was actually way tastier than it sounds. On the way home, I stopped at STAR Market to pick up just a few items. I always start in the produce section and in this market the deli is right there. As I passed by I thought I would get some salads, and the meat section just stared back. I asked for some samples of provolone and turkey. Delish. I did go forward and buy some of each as well, but there really is nothing as satisfying as snacking on some good cheese while browsing through the grocery store.

No comments:

Post a Comment