Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Summer Sun in April? I'll take it.


The day was beautiful today. I think it hit 80 degrees at some point. As soon as it hit 1 pm I hopped on out of the office to take my hour lunch in the quad. Thankfully I stayed in the shade because even then, I began sweating in my new summer work dress. I knew right then and there that I would be heading back to my apartment for homemade nachos and margaritas on my balcony.

If you are in the market for a new type of guacamole, I would suggest you try out Santa Barbara. The company is genius, the guac is packaged in an air-tight plastic bag so you can squeeze out as much as you want and left the rest in the packaging. None of the unused guac turns brown, which happens whenever I have purchased a style that comes in a tub. There are some red peppers in the mix and I only like guacamole with a kick. Prior to about 8 months ago, I would have refused to try the stuff because avocado has a butter like texture and I prefer crunchy.

Also, this company makes a great pico de gallo. Just the right combination of veggies and spice. After baking my nachos I scattered a few spoonfuls over the pile. Delish!

Honestly, I hope to have many more afternoons filled with this Mexican themed snacks in the late sun. This apartment and I get along quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment