Thursday, April 22, 2010

I wish I was a little bit shorter.

Just kidding!

I love my height, but sometimes I just really want to be a cute little petite person who can wear anything that the fashion world dreams up. Case in point: Urban Outfitters sent me an email letting me know they have a whole line of them this spring! Of course, I couldn't resist taking a peek and subsequently felt that if I even attempted to try one on I would look like I was wearing clothes made for a toddler. Not sexy and flirty, but awkward, spidery and pathetic. I really love the Pins and Needles Eyelet Piped Romper (see above) but know when it is time to close the web browser and step away.

I'm thinking that I might be able to jump on the jumpsuit bandwagon, a similar trend that seems to be also picking up steam. The extra length in the legs make me believe there is a higher chance these pieces will flatter my body. I have tried a few on in stores here and there. Generally they are not quite proportioned quite right for my long and lean frame - major issues in the crotch area when pulling the top up so as not to be arrested for indecent exposure. But maybe there is hope this year?

As if the fashion deities were looking down on me, as I began this post, I looked to the floor of my living room and saw a Free People catalog. When I flipped it open, I landed right on a page with a great looking jumpsuit (see right). You can't tell by this picture but there are spaghetti straps which I think is a must given the amount of fabric that apart of this look. The last thing I need is my outfit sliding down my torso because my tiny boobs can't create enough of a shelf to hold the look in place!

There was one other article that caught my eye. It is like a new take on overalls. Kind of digging this. Need to find one in a store to try out!

1 comment:

  1. This is timely... I won't go anywhere near jumpsuits/rompers, but I tried on a one piece bathing suit today and it was laughably awkward looking because I had to yank it up so much to try to covers my chest. The boob cups were on my lower rib cage.

    I ended up buying a tankini instead!

    ReplyDelete