Friday, July 17, 2009

Back to being a 20 something


Actual chat from this afternoon:

me: any good books lately?
friend: actually reading one right now
called the summer of 1949
it's a baseball book
so I don't think you'd be too interested
me: i think you would be correct
me: i am reading twilight four. a trashy ass book
friend: haha
way to be 15
As of 8 pm tonight, I finished book four of the Twilight series. For a second I thought I could officially return to the world of a 25 year old. Then I had a stroke of genius that while I did some packing tonight I would watch the Twilight movie. NOW I am done being 15.

Book four was interesting, not particularly satisfying. Definately no Harry Potter Seven - speaking of H Potter, seeing movie six tomorrow!!!! - but this book did keep me going. I purchased it for $5 from a guy on the street while walking home on Sunday and have been religiously reading about 100 pages a night since. The book is trash, but it is addictive!

One of the girls subletting a room in my apartment informs me that the author has talked about writing a fifth novel. I just googled this tip - low and behold Stephanie Meyers is attempting to milk this series for as long as she can. She is in the midst of writing Midnight Sun (the Twilight Book from Edward Cullen's eyes). I hope she doesn't plan on rewriting them all like this. I may end up reading this next book, but I was kind of set on the fact that this cheesey teenage romance novel was over and done with in four episodes. I don't need this to be dragged out any longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment