Monday, July 20, 2009

Best Movie Moment


Prior to seeing Harry Potter this past weekend some of my favorite audience moments in a movie theater included seeing the Dark Knight's midnight showing in the Somerville Movie theater. The crowd was chanting and free dvds and candy were thrown into the audience. My friends and I sat up in the balcony which made viewing the movie amazing. Everyone gasped in union during the pencil trick.

The other group that particularly stuck out in my mind was when I was in NYC to see M Night Shyamalan's The Village. After the Sixth Sense, he never really was able to twist a plot with quite the same skill. And this audience did not keep its disappointment a secret. Many got up, talking on their cell phone - expressing how bad it was - while leaving the movie as it was still showing.

Now this moment was the best yet. While watching Harry Potter 6 the woman in front of me yelled out "hey front row! turn off your cell phone!!". Everyone started to clap and a few people yelled out thank you. As all of this was going on you could see two different cell phones quickly flip close. While I have no problem stealing tables from people at the bar to play flip cup on, I don't know if I could yell out to someone in a crowded movie theater. You go lady that sat in front of me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment