Monday, July 6, 2009

Bikini Streak is Over.

Summers used to be defined as the time in my life where bikinis were worn more than underwear. (Note: this is not due to a laundry problem, but simply because I was always at the beach/on the boat) Now summers are defined by a time where I have the weekends to try and get some sun and the week days are filled with me trying to figure out how to dress myself where I won't die walking to work and yet won't get told my skirts are too short.

Well this holiday weekend, I got to return to the good old days. My days were spent with me waking up and immediately putting on a suit and only changing into "regular" clothing when it was time for dinner and evening activities.

Bathing suits are just so comfortable. They sit right on your body, don't move or relocate and they fit so well. It is like second skin. There were times during the last month where I just wanted to wear one under my work clothing to boost my mood, but given that the average temp was in the 50s (or so it felt) it just seemed like a silly idea. Actually, now that I think about it. Maybe I should wear a bathing suit tomorrow. I kind of got a little sunburned this weekend - little awkward ones here and there, nothing really of concern - but my suit might be a little more comfortable than underwear was today...

No comments:

Post a Comment