Saturday, July 18, 2009

Now that is Dedication!

Today was gorgeous. A friend of mine and I were up at Revere Beach for a few hours to look at the amazing sand sculptures (I'll post pics once I get them outta my camera). When I first embarked on the adventure to Revere it was super humid and slightly overcast - not exactly ideal beach weather. By the time we reached the beach things felt a little better. The sea breeze hit us as soon as we got out of the T stop which helped counteract the heat.

The sun stayed hidden for the first 45 minutes or so. Then the sun REALLY came out. Strong. Definitely laying out on a towel and soaking up the rays strong

Don't worry, I totally slathered on the sunblock to protect this skin. No wrinkles/old lady leather skin/ skin cancer for me!

After a few hours it was clearly time for some ice slushies and extra long hotdogs. Over the course of a couple of hours the crowds grew pretty substantially. Most people were in bathing suits or clothing that made sense. Then there were the individuals wearing head to to black outfits.

I am sorry. But really people?

I don't know if there is any aspect of my personal fashion that I would be willing to put myself through that much torture for. Admittedly some of my shoes are not the most comfortable in the world, but there is nothing that would make me dress in head to toe black in 80 degree weather. The all black look is not something I have ever really gotten into, but I realized after today that those people deserve to have a hat tipped to them. They must endure some major discomfort. Which leads me to this most important question: what kind of deodorant do they use? I feel like it has the be the strongest one out there...Really, I'd like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment